Monday, May 10, 2021

The Plan After the Kickstarter

 On Sunday 5/9/2021, I officially declared the Hilda & Richie Kickstarter to be over.  All the Kickstarter rewards have been sent out so that's behind me now.


So what is next?  Well, it is important to keep selling the book.  It is not going to do me any good to have hundred of copies simply sitting around gathering dust.  I want to see about arranging for some local bookstores to carry Hilda & Richie.  One of them is Ferguson Books, a small bookstore with locations in West Fargo, Bismarck and Grand Forks.  I'm also noting more small bookstores within North Dakota that I want to visit in the future.  


Besides bookstores, libraries are another customer I want to sell to.  I plan to visit local libraries in the coming months to promote Hilda & Richie for their collection.  To that extent, my ties with national library wholesaler Brodart Company has been re-established.  Along with North Dakota libraries (I am local), I want to pitch to the big libraries as well.  A list is being made of the biggest libraries with big collections and potent budgets such as New York, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Boston, Hawaii and so on.  I'll probably be sending sales letters to them soon enough.


Work on the second Hilda & Richie book Hilda & Richie's Wizard has begun.  Later on, I will be revising the script as well as starting on thumbnail drawings for the book.  Like with the early drafts of Hilda & Richie's first book, I will share those here.


Stay tuned for more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment