Saturday, May 15, 2021

Hilda and Richie Library Tour Part 1

 Today, my master plan commenced to get libraries in North Dakota to start carrying Hilda & Richie.  The first places on my list were the libraries in Mayville, Larimore and Grand Forks.


My first destination today was the Mayville Public Library of Mayville, North Dakota.


This beautiful building housed the town's library.  The librarian inside was named Margaret; I talked with her for a bit, introducing myself, explaining my book and giving her copies of my cover letter with the book's information in the hopes they'd be willing to get it for their collection.


After thanking Margaret, I went on my way.  I drove around rural North Dakota for awhile and had to consult Google Maps to get to my next destination - the Edna Ralston Library of Larimore, North Dakota.


This simple building was very fitting for a small town library.  The librarian inside, a lady named Melissa, saw me enter and greeted me.

I introduced myself, told her about Hilda & Richie and gave her the papers with the book's information.  After thanking her, I left Larimore and got to Grand Forks...after driving around more rural farmlands.  I had some lunch and was able to track down my last stop - the Grand Forks Public Library!


The Grand Forks Library contrasted from the other two I visited today.  Mayville and Larimore were small towns but Grand Forks is the third biggest city in North Dakota after Fargo and Bismarck.









I talked to one of the librarians at the desk you see in this photo and he took Hilda & Richie's book information to give to the children's librarian.

I had one more stop to make in Grand Forks...that was to a bookstore.  But that I will save for tomorrow.

If you know a library interested in carrying Hilda & Richie (ISBN 9780989069632), it is available from me or from Brodard Company.

Oh, one more thing...



Grand Forks Library has an aquarium!  I never knew any public library to have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment