Thursday, February 9, 2017

About Me

My real legal name is my own business.  You can call me by my professional name, Max West.

I was born in New York City on January 4, 1980.  I grew up watching a lot of cable television, like HBO and Nickelodeon, where I was exposed to fantastic animation and specials.  These, along with regular trips to my local library, helped to spark a spectacular imagination and an absorbing creativity in myself.

I've been doing creative things all my life.  I wrote poetry in the first grade and enjoyed art classes in sixth grade.  While I did not have the technical skill of other creative individuals, I had a powerful drive to keep going and unlimited imagination.

I graduated in 2003 from Baruch College in New York City with a degree in creative writing.  Then in 2009, I started taking night classes at the School of Visual Arts.  I learned basic drawing, painting and how to make comics.

Speaking of comics, I'm active in the small press comics scene.  I have created a series titled Sunnyville Stories; that has its own blog.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my creation.  Feel free to drop me a line sometime.  I can be reached at maxwestart(at)gmail(dot)com or by snail mail at:

DIFFERENT MOUSETRAP PRESS LLC
1100 19TH AVENUE N, #108
UNIT J
FARGO ND 58102-2269 USA