Friday, February 5, 2021

Hilda and Richie Kickstarter Closing Ceremonies

Tonight is the Kickstarter's end.  The Hilda & Richie Kickstarter launched back on Wednesday morning January 6, 2021.  Our goal was US$3,000.

WE SUCCEEDED BY MEETING AND EXCEEDING THAT GOAL!!!

Hilda & Richie will be a real picture book.

With the help of backers, my fans and my many connections, we made Hilda & Richie very real.

But I have no intention of stopping there.  This is not the end of the two foxes.

This is just the beginning.

This blog will have an official announcement later on but a second book is planned for next year on Kickstarter.  The script to it has been finished and I need to work on some more concept sketches.  This second book will be titled Hilda & Richie's Wizard.  

It is really amazing to see how some foxes that started in my sketchbook years ago now becoming characters in a children's book.  When I created these two characters, I had no idea what to do with them.  I tried doing some comics with them  but it was just wasn't working.  

Since my style is cartoon-like and humorous, it was recommended I try doing a children's book.  It wasn't until late 2016 that I started thinking about that.  And the rest is history.

One more time I want to say this...this is meant to each and every one of you out there who supported me, backed the Kickstarter, shared with others and stood with me.

Thank you very much.

Remember that this is just the beginning of both Hilda & Richie's story as well as my own as a picture book creator.

Stay tuned to this blog for more.

And make sure you go back Hilda & Richie before it ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment