Thursday, May 7, 2020

Second Draft Page 1

Well, we're back, everyone!  From now and every Wednesday following until we reach the last page, I will be sharing the thumbnail art for the second draft of my picture book, Hilda & Richie.

So let's get on with the show.


This draft and thumbnail uses my revised script, which I've dubbed the second draft.

It was drawn all in pencil and colored pencil.  It was important that I have a rough color study as I will be working with markers on the final art.  I want a general idea of what the colors will look like.

As you remember, the first couple of pages from the original draft acted as exposition to set up the characters.  I decided to cut right to the chase here and jump right into things.  Watch next week for more!

If you like my work, buy me a Ko-Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment